Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Blessed Christmas

It never ceases to amaze me...  How, in spite of all my worrying and stressing and general out-of-sorts-ness, how God comes through and showers me with blessing.  As I sat and watched the kids open their presents, I was overcome with overwhelming gratitude and joy,  Because, somehow, we managed to pull it off.  As I knew would happen, we were able to provide enough for the kids to have their Christmas.  No, it wasn't big.  No, it wasn't fancy. But there were stockings filled, and presents neatly piled under the tree, and even a couple of surprises. It was a nice combination of meeting needs and fulfilling wants. Just what Christmas morning is supposed to be.

It was a joy to see the looks on the girls' faces upon opening their Starbucks' cards (decaf, only... they know...), and to watch the bigger boys put together their marble coaster and various Lego creations. And David loved his scooter... He's been riding it all around the family room, since it's too icky to go outside... But perhaps the most precious memory of all was watching Hannah, who was not at all interested in opening any of her presents, but WOULD NOT let anyone else help her. I wish I had gotten it on video... It was the absolute sweetest thing... ♥♥♥

So, once again, I have been given the gift of Christmas peace, in spite of all of my attempts to make it otherwise. God is good. And, after the gifts had been dispersed, the roast eaten, and the candy consumed, I was able to just bask in awe and wonder of the Gift that was given to us so many years ago. I am truly blessed. And I thank God for all of those blessings in my life - my friends and family, my children, and most of all, for that Baby in the manger, without whose Gift, none of this would be possible.

Merry Christmas, everyone! And may God richly bless you, as he has me, in the coming year...

No comments:

Post a Comment