Monday, October 13, 2008

Doin' a Few Shout Outs Today...

First, I want to give a well-deserved Shout Out to my brother, Jon, who ran his first marathon yesterday.  He finished the Chicago Marathon in 5 hours, 4 minutes, and 51 seconds.  Since I will never run a marathon,  I find his drive and determination impressive.  Actually, it's way more than impressive.  His team also raised over $300,000 for Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago.  WAY TO GO, Jon!!!!!!!

Next, to my friend Laura, for sharing this yummy recipe for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins.  To. Die. For.  *drool*   If you've ever had Starbucks' version, these are just as good.  Only cheaper.  Which is also good.  No, better.  I think the next time I make them, I'll add nuts to the streusel topping, though. Pecans, or walnuts.  Not sure which...  I love nuts...  I also used one can of pumpkin, which is slightly less than the 2 c that is called for, and they still came out wonderful.  I am thinking that these will be on the menu for Thanksgiving morning...

And lastly, to my DH, Brian, for finally starting his very own blog.   Several people have been working on him for the better part of a year to test the waters in the blogosphere, since everyone loves his writing.  His blog consists mostly, of his messages from the church's weekly newsletter, but he occasionally posts a little something extra.  His recent post on the current economic mess as viewed in a Biblical light is quite interesting and enlightening.  And I did manage to convince him to post an actual pic of himself, and not his level 70 Dwarf Priest character from WoW... *sigh*

See, honey - I *do* update my blog!  Really!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment