Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Political Overload

I will be very brief today, mostly because I'm in the middle of several projects...

Am I the only one who can't wait for this whole election mess to be done, already???????  Now, I realize that we've been getting it longer than most of you, because we, here in Iowa, are the host of the Iowa Caucuses, and all of the interested parties show up in full force to inundate us with political spin before most of the rest of you have to begin to endure it.  So I'm done with politics.  Totally over it.   I'm over the biased coverage, the lies, the attitudes, the platitudes.... I'm done.

Yes, I will be voting on Tuesday, and yes, I do have an opinion on who I think ought to win.  Those of you who know me will know where I stand.  I don't feel the need to fuel the fire by posting that here.

So enjoy the last few days of the campaigns, if that's your thing.  I think I'll just go back to cleaning my closet, if you don't mind...  Or maybe the litter box.  It smells far better than the rhetoric these days...  And I will contemplate how much better the world might be if all the money that has been wasted during the past few months of campaigning had been spent on an endeavor that actually accomplished something worthwhile.



4 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you. It can't be over soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow Iowan I completely agree that I'm sick of the rhetoric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right with you! I already filled out my absentee ballot and I'm DONE! Now dh hasn't even figured out who to vote for for President yet!

    ReplyDelete