Today, I am beginning a journey. I am going to journal with you 1000 Gifts that I have been given - things that I am thankful for, things I enjoy, the little things that so often pass by unnoticed - moments inspired by that which makes my heart sing. Ann of A Holy Experience is the inspiration behind it - you can read more about it HERE. I am still not quite sure exactly how I am going to journal these - if it will be a weekly compilation, a daily thing, or something not yet evolved. But stay tuned, and hopefully, be inspired to join and create your own 1000 Gifts!
- the smell of fallen leaves
- stolen moments of quiet
- the warm light of an Indian Summer afternoon
- the fluffy softness of a clean diaper fresh out of the wash
- the curl in the back of David's hair
- cold water with crushed ice
- the smell of fresh popped corn
- the deep, rich, black color of the Iowa fields after they have been plowed under
- toenail polish (although I rarely have mine done)
- the pre-dinner-time cacophony
I am beginning this journey now, to prepare my heart for Thanksgiving, and as a meditation on the coming season of Advent. Please feel free to add your won, in the comments, or on your own blog. Feel free to leave a link, so I can share your list, too.
Have a blessed day!