Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankful Thursday

I've been thinking that I may merge this, and make it a part of my 1000 Gifts.  But I will keep this format during the month of November, because it's all about being thankful this month.  With my life beginning to spin with the crazy-business that characterizes this time of year for so many of us, I quiet my heart to sit and be grateful for my gifts...

  • the warm, heady scent of spiced pumpkin wafting from the oven
  • fuzzy baby heads
  • toddler hugs
  • "I love you, Mommy"
  • chili and cornbread on a raw November night
  • the health and happiness of my family
  • realizing that my kids are going to be really cool adults
  • the way toddlers sing their stories while playing
  • laughter around a full kitchen table
  • busy schedules and the energy to meet them
Speaking of schedules...  One week from today is Turkey Day!  I'm going to try to be extra aware of my blessings, gifts, and reasons to be thankful in the coming days, in the midst of all the running and preparations.  I truly do have so much to be thankful for.

1 comment: